QUESTIONS WE GET ASKED EVERYDAY
How Much Does It Cost To Publish My Music?
- Free there is no fee to publish your music with DanburyMusic
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COPYRIGHT AND GETTING PUBLISHED?
- A copyright is the right given by the US Copyright office to reproduce and claim rights to a piece of work for profit. A publisher license is the right to collect money for your music when it is used or performed.
DOES DANBURY MUSIC WORK WITH BMI OR ASCAP?
- We directly work with both BMI and ASCAP as your official representative
WHY SHOULD I PUBLISH?
- In order to license your music for commercial use you have to publish and register with ASCAP or BMI.
IF I PUBLISH MY SONG DO I LOSE OWNERSHIP?
- No when you publish a song you are not signing over ownership you are leasing rights to reproduce and represent the owner of the copyright
IF DANBURY MUSIC COPYRIGHT MY SONG DO I OWN IT?
- Yes we offer copyright services but as a representative not owner.
ONCE MY MUSIC IS PUBLISH HOW DO I SELL MY MUSIC?
- After signing a publishing deal with Danbury Music we will immediately apply for the correct licenses to maximize your profits
HOW AM I PAID IF MY SONG IS USED?
- The publisher collects all royalties entitled to the copyright owner and then released directly to the songwriter
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
- All you need is original material that is unpublished and desire to get your music heard around the world
How Much Does It Cost To Distribute My Music?
- $150 one time processing fee non refundable
How Long Does It Take To Get Paid After I Release a Song?
- It Usually Takes 3 Months For All The Music Streaming Sites To Turn In The First Report of Streams And Downloads After That Each Month