Music publishing 101
DANBURY MUSIC OFFERS PUBLISHING PACKAGES FOR ARTISTS THAT ARE LOOKING TO MOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IF YOU HAVE A SONG, LYRICS, OR JUST A HOT BEAT AND WANT TO SELL OR COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ARTISTS YOU HAVE TO PUBLISH AND COPYRIGHT FIRST! WITH OUR HELP AND EXPERTISE WE HANDLE ALL THE LEGWORK OFTEN CALLED THE MUSIC ADMINISTRATION. AS A MUSIC PUBLISHER WE REPRESENT OUR CLIENTS IN EVERY STEP FROM REGISTRATION TO PROMOTION. MOVIE AND MUSIC PRODUCERS DEPEND ON MUSIC THAT IS PUBLISHED FOR CONTENT. WHY NOT ADD YOUR MUSIC TO THE LIST? CONTACT US TO GET STARTED MAKING THE MONEY YOU DESERVE!
TYPES OF MUSIC PUBLISHING WE OFFER
- ADMINISTRATION DEAL: Without the share of the copyright Danbury Music agrees to service the writer by collecting all sources of income and handles all aspects of administration on a commission basis.
- Co-Publisher DEAL: With a share of the copyright both the publisher and songwriter will be entitled to all revenue generated from the song or songs published.
key music publisher terms
- Advance- Financial agreement where the publisher advances money to the songwriter
- Recouping- The term used to explain that the songwriter will not receive any payments until profit.
- Split- The term used to explain sharing income that both the publisher and songwriter will be entitled to.
- Term- How long the agreement is actually binding and for and could be anywhere from 6 months to life.
- Territory- Refers to the territories or countries where the agreement is binding. It is very common to have a worldwide agreement.
- MDC- Minimal delivery commitment- the amount of material or songs that a songwriter is required to deliver. MDC is based on 100% ownership of the song.